New Year, New Focus! We are ushering in the year with thought pieces surrounding the business landscape and hot topics that will have you engaging in intentional and impactful dialogue. To kick of the year, we are delving into the benefits of a positive mindset.
Maintaining a positive mindset is important as it has a profound impact on various aspects of your life. This includes your mental and physical health, relationships, and overall well-being, but especially your growth in the professional setting – how you prepare yourself and the value you bring to the table. Your mindset has a direct correlation to your self-belief and worth. Angela Duckworth, author of Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance notes, “a growth mindset leads to optimistic ways of explaining adversity, and that, in turn, leads to perseverance and seeking out new challenges that will ultimately make you even stronger.”
As previously stated, having an understanding of our mindset has such a powerful correlation to how we show up. There are a so many reasons about the importance of thought, but we chose our top three reasons why it’s important to intentionally nurture a positive mindset:
- Mental and Physical Health: A positive mindset can contribute to better mental health by reducing symptoms of anxiety, depression, and stress. When you focus on positive thoughts and emotions, it becomes easier to manage negative emotions and cope with life’s challenges. Research has shown that a positive attitude can also have positive effects on physical health. People with a positive mindset may experience lower blood pressure, reduced risk of chronic diseases, and better immune system function. Founder of Kinship – Jenna, is a massive believer in how you build and increase your mental and physical fitness, has the most impact in your mindset, growth, and overall ability to contribute (which you will see in real time if you ever take one of her spin classes). Some studies, including this Stanford article, suggest that individuals with a positive mindset live longer. A positive attitude can lead to healthier lifestyle choices which can contribute to a longer, healthier life.
- Better Decision-Making: A positive mindset can lead to clearer and more rational decision-making. It allows you to approach decisions with a balanced perspective and avoid making impulsive or emotionally-driven choices. For instance, when out-sourcing your event needs to our team and allowing your staff to effortlessly deliver what they are best at, you get to focus on running your business without needing to worry about anything.
- Influence on Others: Your positive attitude can be contagious. When you maintain a positive mindset, you can inspire and uplift others, creating a more positive and supportive environment for everyone. At Kinship Kollective, we specialize in transforming potential into performance. Our expertise lies in nurturing growth-focused companies by enhancing their most valuable asset – their people through customized solutions that hone in on talent acquisition, people and culture programs and others.
Our core values are a reflection of our beliefs and mindset – live joyfully, see possibility in the unknown, and engage power by tapping into your inner power. When has a personal experience with a mindset shift affected you in positive way? Share with us how you did it and what changed when you committed to showing up differently.
Some of our favourites on this topic are:
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life – Gary John Bishop
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living – Dale Carnegie
- Grit – Angela Duckworth
It all starts with a goal, then breaking that down into smaller steps that build into a lifestyle change that lasts. Our approach is hands-on and collaborative, ensuring that our fractional support services align perfectly with your business objectives and culture.
As we step into the new year, be open to the possibilities. Let’s embrace personal growth, dedicate ourselves to self-care, and actively participate in uplifting our communities. In the words Paulo Coelho, “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.”